Saturday 28 February 2015

Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge 2015 Update

The Flights of Fantasy  Reading Challenge 2015 Update is hosted by Alexa at Alexa Loves Books and Rachel at Hello Chelly. Both bloggers adore fantasy novels and wanted to spread the love to other bloggers.

What I love about this reading challenge (other than it's centered around my favourite genre and hosted by two of my favourite book bloggers) is that it's straightforward to follow. You choose the number of fantasy books you're aiming for and have the whole of 2015 to achieve your goal. There are two giveaways 6 months in and at the end of the year. Check ins are optional and on the last Sunday of the month (I missed last month's as I was overseas at the time).

I'm aiming to read ten fantasy books in 2015. I'd love to read a lot more, but with starting Uni this year and being a slow reader and having already committed to lots of other reading challenges, I'm trying to being realistic. Hopefully I'll end up reading more than that, but we'll see.


So far I've read two books for this challenge: The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin and The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson, both which I would highly recommend. The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms had amazing world building, an absolutely unpredictable plot and incorporated diversity nicely. I'm definitely finishing this trilogy.  The Rithmatist left me wailing that the sequel isn't out until 2017; I'll have to read Sanderson's backlist in the meantime! 

Next up on my staggering fantasy TBR is Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta. I'm really excited for this one as Marchetta both wowed and devastated me with Saving Francesca and On the Jellicoe Road. I can't wait to find out how she writes High Fantasy!

Are you a fan of fantasy novels? Consider joining this reading challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment