Sunday 4 January 2015

Bout of Books 12.0 Goals, Updates and Wrap-Up

Bout of Books 12.0 starts tomorrow! It's a low key readathon running from Monday 5th - Sunday 11th January in whatever timezone you're in hosted by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading Paranormal. This is my first time participating and I'm pretty excited!

I'll update each day on this post on my progress and might even do a couple of challenges on this blog.

Here's my TBR for the readathon:


Hawkeye Volume 1: My Life as A Weapon by Matt Fraction, David Aja, Javier Pulido and Alan Davis

I've heard nothing but great things about this comic. I love the pitch of the adventures of Hawkeye when he isn't being one of The Avengers. I'm about a quarter of the way through this one so far and plan to finish it in the first couple of days of the readathon.


The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin

I'm halfway through this book and really enjoying the characters and rich world building so far. It's due back to the library in about a week... Perfect timing to finish it in this readathon! 


The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson

I'm enjoying listening to my first ever Brandon Sanderson book via audiobook. I've just reached the beginning of Part 2 and would love to listen to about half an hour to an hour per day.

I'm not going to be upset if I don't achieve my goals as the motto of the readathon is 'flailing, not failing'. I'm just looking forward to some quality time reading!

Are you participating in Bout of Books 12.0?

Day 1: Hawkeye Volume 1 Pages 71 - 137
The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms Pages 197 - 225
Half an hour  listening to The Rithmatist

Day 2: The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms Pages 226 - 260
40 minutes listening to The Rithmatist

Day 3: The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms Pages 261 - 346

Day 4: The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms Pages 347 - 398
Fall of Giants by Ken Follett Pages 1 - 17
20 minutes listening to The Rithmatist

Day 5: Fall of Giants Pages 18 - 43

Day 6: Half an hour listening to The Ritmatist

Day 7: Fall of Giants Pages 43 - 70
1 hour listening to The Rithmatist

I achieved my goals! I'm about 3/5 of the way through The Rithmatist right now. I've been meaning to read The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms and Hawkeye Volume 1 for ages, plus they count towards two of my reading challenges. Fall of Giants is over 800 pages so it'll take me a while!

What have you been meaning to read for a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment